Tay Nguyen University (TNU) was founded on November 11, 1977 under the Vietnamese Government's decision No.298/CP with missions to:
- Train Science and Technology professionals in many fields such as Medicine and Pharmacy, Education, Forestry – Agriculture, Economics, Social Humanities, Technology, etc.
- Transfer research and technology to meet the requirements of the socio-economical development of Vietnam in general and Vietnam's Central Highlands in particular.
- Reserve and promote indigenous Tay Nguyen ethnic minorities' cultures.
LEADERS OF TNU
PhD. Nguyen Thanh Truc
THE FUNCTIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE BODIES
- Personnel Department
- Undergraduate Department
- Graduate Department
- Department of Science and International Relations
- Department of Planning and Finance
- Department of Politics Education and Student Affairs
- General Administration Department
- Facility Management Department
- Inspection Department
- Department of Examinations and Education Quality Assurance
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Since 2012, TNU has implemented 01 national projects, 17 ministry projects, 05 provincial projects, 259 university projects, and 72 student projects. Currently, TNU has scientific research and academic cooperation with international universities such as Champasak University and province Attapeu (Laos); Chiang Mai University and Prince of Songkla University (Thailand); Chonnam National University, Sunchon University and Ajou University (Korea); Chi Ba University, Kyoto University and Niigata University (Japan) and Tam Kang University (Taiwan).
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Foreign languages
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Forestry Agriculture
- Faculty of Animal and Veterinary Science
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Natural Science and Technology
- Faculty of Political Science
- Faculty of Pre-University Training
- Institute of Biotechnology and Environment
SUPPORTIVE, RESEARCHING AND PRACTICAL BODIES
- Center of Information
- Center of Student Services
- Center of Educational National Defense of Tay Nguyen University
- Center of Foreign languages and Informatics
- Center of Supplementary education and Occupational training
- The hospital of Tay Nguyen University
- Cao Nguyen Practical High School
Currently, TNU offers training in 37 university programs, 08 college programs and 06 college-university interlinking programs and pre-university programs.
* Under-graduate programs
- Bachelor’s degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Vietnamese Literature, Primary Education, J'rai language primary education, Preschool education, Physical education, Political education and Philosophy.
- Information Technology, Environmental Technology, Biotechnology and Post-harvest Technology.
- Crop Science, Silviculture, Forest Resources and Environment Management, Land Management and Plant Protection.
- Animal Science and Veterinary Science.
- Agricultural economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance and Banking, Trade and Business Management and Trade Law.
- General Medicine and Sanatorium.
* College training programs and College - university interlinking programs
Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and Banking, Animal Science, Crop Science, Silviculture, Forest Resources and Environment Management, Land Management.
- Pre-university training programs for ethnic minorities
-The total number of students in the school year of 2017 - 2018 was about 11.222.
Crop Science, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, Forestry, Experimental Biology, Parasitology – Entomology, General internal medicine, General surgery, Mathematical analysis and cooperation with 8 other Universities for the training of 30 Master’s programs.
Doctoral programs: Crop Science and Forestry.
After 40 years of establishment and development, TNU has trained over 27.000 students, including more than 1716 ethnic minority students. TNU has also trained 11 doctoral students and over 1209 master students in Forestry – Agriculture, Biology, Veterinary Science and Parasitology – Entomology, 130 students in General internal medicine and General surgery. TNU has also cooperated with 8 other universities in Vietnam to conduct training for over 1857 master students in Forestry – Agriculture, Medicine, Linguistics, Pedagogy, English, Economics, Information Technology and Education Management. Since 2008-2009, TNU has been training students from the Lao People's Democratic Republic and Cambodia.
At present, TNU has a total of 747 staff, including 411 Women, 382 Lectures; 14 Associate Professors, 62 Doctors, 289 Masters, 01 Second degree of medical specialized Doctor, 13 First degree of medical specialized Doctors, and 88 Senior lecturers’.
TNU was awarded the third-class independent medal and the first, second and third class labor medals by the President of Vietnam.
We have 6917 guests and one member online